24 of Junio: Inti Raymi
The 24th of June the festival in honour of the Sun God is performed on three historic and natural stages; Coricancha, Plaza de Armas (Main Square) and Sacsayhuaman
- 7:40 a.m. The agency will pick you up at the hotel to begin the tour. It’s important to go early so we get good seats in front of Coricancha.
- 08:00 a.m. We gather at Coricancha where we can see the Inca exit accompanied by his entourage.
- 10:00 a.m. We walk to Plaza de Armas (The main square) where we appreciate the Inca procession. After the procession we walk to Plaza Ragocijo where our transport will be waiting to take us to Sacsayhuaman.
- 12:00 Sacsayhuaman (from the Quechuan words “saqsay” and “waman” that means Satisfied Falcon); this impressive archaeological center is situated at 3,555 meters above sea level in the Inca neighborhood of Qolqanpata.
- We look up our seats and get comfortable.
- 13:00 We eat our box lunches while the ceremony begins.
- We are seated in the Orange VIP section to have the best view of the ceremony.
- 15:30 The ceremony ends. We gather and walk together towards our transportation that will leave you at your hotel (there will be a lot of congestion and if your hotel is close by the Plaza de Armas you can walk down if you don’t want to wait, the walk will take you about 15 minutes).