CUSCO INTI RAYMI 2019 5 DAYS 4 NIGHTS + RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
22nd of June: Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machupicchu
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:00 a.m. The agency will pick you up at your hotel.
- The tour begins by visiting the archaeologic site of Pisac and the market with the same name,
- Lunch buffet at Restaurant Tunupa that offers typical plates, novo andino food and food from the province of Urubamba.
- After our lunch we will visit the archaeologic site of Ollantaytambo where the village still keeps its splendor from the days of the Incas. Here we can get a glimpse of what this religious, military and cultural center was like.
- At 16:00 our tour ends close to the train station.
- We walk for about 5 minutes to get to the station
- 16:36 hrs. We board the Inca Rail Executive Class that will take us to the village of Aguas Calientes
- 18:10 p.m. Arrival in the village of Aguas Calientes where staff from our hotel will be waiting just outside to take us to the hotel.
- Pick-up at the train station in Aguas Calientes and meeting with the guide that will take us to Machupicchu tomorrow.
23rd of June: Machupicchu – Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- We take the bus to the Machu Picchu sanctuary at the time we agreed on with our guide. (30 min bus ride).
- We present tour entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and begin our visit.
- Our guide will give us a 2.5 hours guided tour.
- After the guided tour we will have some time on our own to walk around in Machupicchu.
- Return to the village of Aguas Calientes
- Lunch buffet in Aguas Calientes (Restaurant el Apu Inti or Indio Feliz)
- Time to visit the handicraft market in Aguas Calientes.
- 14:36 or 19:00 p.m. We aboard the Inka Rail executive class train and return to Ollantaytambo (Travel time about 1 hour 40 min)
- P.m. Arrival at the Ollantaytambo train station and transfer to Cusco (1 hour 50 min).
- Arrival in Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
24th of June: Inti Raymi
The 24th of June the festival in honour of the Sun God is performed on three historic and natural stages; Coricancha, Plaza de Armas (Main Square) and Sacsayhuaman
- 7:40 a.m. The agency will pick you up at the hotel to begin the tour. It’s important to go early so we get good seats in front of Coricancha
- 08:00 a.m. We gather at Coricancha where we can see the Inca exit accompanied by his entourage.
- 10:00 a.m. We walk to Plaza de Armas (The main square) where we appreciate the Inca procession. After the procession we walk to Plaza Ragocijo where our transport will be waiting to take us to Sacsayhuaman.
- 12:00 Sacsayhuaman (from the Quechuan words “saqsay” and “waman” that means Satisfied Falcon); this impressive archaeological center is situated at 3,555 meters above sea level in the Inca neighborhood of Qolqanpata.
- We look up our seats and get comfortable.
- 13:00 We eat our box lunches while the ceremony begins.
- We are seated in the Orange VIP section to have the best view of the ceremony.
- 15:30 The ceremony ends. We gather and walk together towards our transportation that will leave you at your hotel (there will be a lot of congestion and if your hotel is close by the Plaza de Armas you can walk down if you don’t want to wait, the walk will take you about 15 minutes).
25th of June: Rainbow Mountain
- Between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m. pick up at your hotel in Cusco to begin the journey towards the Rainbow Mountain.
- After about 2.5 hours we arrive in Japura where we will have breakfast.
- We continue our journey about 30 mins more to Qayrawiri where our adventure begins.
- We walk 4 Km (2 hrs) through wetlands and lagoons where lamas and alpacas graze surrounded by the marvelous mountains.
- After a marvelous hike finally, we reach the Rainbow Mountain where we will see that it was worth the effort.
- We will be awestruck with the impressive mountains that surrounds us, the most magnificent of them being the Apu Sarinini.
- After about 40 mins taking photos and enjoying the view we begin our descend.
- 13:30 p.m. WE take our transportation to Japura where our lunch is waiting.
- Return to Cusco
- Arrival in Cusco at about 19:00 p.m.
26th of June: End of the trip, transfer to the airport
- Morning without activites, you can use it visit the handicraft markets or a museum.
- Transfer to the airport
1st day: Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machupicchu
- BTP (tourist ticket)
- Lunch buffet
- Train ticket Inca Rail Ollantaytambo – Machupicchu
- Hotel night in Aguas Calientes
2nd day: Machupicchu – Cusco
- Bus from Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu
- Bus from Machupicchu – Aguas Clientes
- Train ticket Inca Rail Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo – Hotel Cusco
- Hotel night in Cusco
3rd day: Inti Raymi
- Box lunch
- Hotel night in Cusco
- Entrance tickets to the orange VIP zone
4th day: Rainbow Mountain
- Hotel night in Cusco
5th day: End of the trip – Transfer to the airport
- Transfer from Hotel to airport
- • You can climb the Machu Picchu Mountain (without guide) for 15 USD, you have to make the reservation in advance to be sure that there are spaces left.
- •Optional: You can enjoy the termal baths in Aguas Calientes if you want to (additional cost of 3 USD).