- Departures: On request
- Physical Condition: Very good
Day 01: Puno – Sillustani – Puno
- Transfer / Tour of Chullpas of Sillustani, 28 km north of the city of Puno, on the shores of Umayo Lagoon. During the trip, you will see Chullpas, fortified towers. It is said that these towers were funerary monuments of the Collas and Incas, but its exact age remains unknown.
- The most important towers are around 12 m high and are built in volcanic stone. Their main characteristic is that the diameter of the base is smaller than the diameter of the building upper part.
Overnight in Puno.
Day 02: Puno – Uros – Taquile – Puno
- In the morning journey by boat to the Floating Island of Uros in Lake Titicaca. Located 4 km from Puno, the original inhabitants of these floating islands are said to descend from one of the most ancient peoples of the Americas and still to this day practise their ancient traditions. Their dwellings made of totora reed are built on the surface of Lake Titicaca.
- Afterwards, you will make your way to the unique Island of Taquile, where time appears to have stopped. The Mediterranean atmosphere of this place is striking, with its steps of stone and its houses centred around the square. Its indigenous community that lives here, around 350 families are descendants of the Incas and known for their Textile activities, such as their beautifully woven chumpis (belts), chullos (caps), and ojotas (and sandals) and according to the custom, officials are distinguished by black or brown caps.
- Their agriculture system operates on a collective basis and the crops are distributed according to each individual need, a traditions which goes back to the XIVth century. Taquile also offers a magnificent lake landscape from where the impressive snowfalls of the Cordillera Real (Real mountain chain) can be seen. End of the day return by boat to Puno. Overnight in Puno. (B-L)
Day 03: Puno
Transfer from hotel to the local bus station or railway station. (B)
- Excursions as described
- Specialized tour guide
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Meals where stated (B=Breakfast / L=Lunch / D=Dinner)
- Services not specified in the program
- Extras and tips
- National flight tickets to/from Juliaca