- Departures: Daily
Day 01: Lima – Nazca
Departure (by private vehicle or transfer to station to take regular bus) to Nazca (7 hr). Arrival Nazca and transfer to the hotel. Free evening. Overnight in Nazca. (B)
Day 02: Nazca – Lima
- Overflight of the Nazca Lines. Located in the San José Pampas, 25 km from Nazca. Ancient dwellers from the Nazca culture left a valuable archaeological legacy consisting of a huge network of lines and drawings depicting animals and plants.
- Discovered in 1927 by Toribio Mejía Xesspe, they have been studied by Paul Kosok, Hans Horkheirmer and, in particular, María Reiche, a German scientist who lived in the area for more than 50 years, studying and investigating their origin. A flight over the Nazca Lines is an unforgettable experience. (Ticket included). Transfer to the Station to take private vehicle to Lima or regular bus to Lima or Arequipa. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. (B)
Optional half day tour of Nazca
Visit the Cemetery of Chauchilla, located 30 Km away from Nazca, with a small exhibition of ancient mummies, human bones and skulls that have been found here from the Nazca Cultures. Visit Acueducto de Cantalloc (Cantalloc Aqueduct) used by the Nazca cultures / inhabitants, to irrigate vast areas of land. Journey to Paredones, an archaeological site probably used by the Incas as an administrative centre. Finally, you will visit the House of María Reiche now converted into a Museum, exhibiting personal objects from the German scientist Maria Reiche, who investigated the mysteries of the Nazca Lines. You will end your tour with a visit and demonstration of the gold and ceramic processing done locally.
- Excursions as described
- Specialized tour guide
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Meals where stated (B=Breakfast /L=Lunch / D=Dinner)
- Transportation Lima / Nazca & Nazca/Lima or Lima/Nazca & Nazca/Arequipa
- Nazca Overflight
- Services not specified in the program
- Extras and tips